Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Dun
Contributor
Dun
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi
Accepted Solution

Playbook is stuck on blackberry startup screen

Hi, Can anyone help me, my playbook has stopped working. When I turn it on it stays on the blackberry startup screen, I have left it for hours hoping it will finally bring me to my home page with my apps, browser etc but it's not happening and tried multiple times still not working. It happened after I tried turning it on and the red light and yellow light came on. I searched this up and discovered it was my battery was dead so I charged it over night (red light came up to show it was charging, green light when I woke up meant it is full) now its stuck on start up screen. I have tried: connecting it to my laptop, hard reset (holding power button to reboot), plug charger in and boot but still no fix. I am on the new os2.0 (did have problems mounting volume on my laptop too after os2.0 but had to keep trying until it mounted) Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Playbook is stuck on blackberry startup screen

Have you tried the 3 button reset? (Holding down the power button and both volume buttons for 20 secs until it switches off. Then it'll reboot)

If that doesn't work, you may have to debrick the PlayBook (Note: wipes all data).

Please use plain text.
Dun
Contributor
Dun
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

Yep I tried the 3 button reset still didn't work. Thanks though.

Ended up calling up blackberry had to turn off my PlayBook connect it and open blackberry desktop and click update on the error message that appears and enter email address and follow screen instruction until my blackberry was updated again which basically restores my PlayBook and wipes all the data as if it was new with the latest os2.0 I presume, this process took about an hour. Once done my PlayBook works but I have to start again with my details, apps and settings etc

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty
My Carrier: n/a

Yay! Hope you enjoy your PlayBook! (You can back up your data using blackberry desktop too, in case things go awry =(   )

(Could you mark this as resolved please? XD)

Please use plain text.
Visitor
n3ckr0sys
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: orange

I have the same problem, but with a little difference:

When I try to connect to certain wifi profile, the tablet cannot connect to that network, I shut down the wifi (but curiously, the icon that represents the wifi connection stays on), and then try to open any application, and they get stuck, try to restart the tablet, but it stays at the initial screen for ever...

But when I move to another area, where there is another wifi network, I do the hard reset stuff (vol + and - , and power button, all together), and the tablet starts up normally.

This is what I think happens in my case: there is a wifi network that is not compatible, when the tablet tells me that it cannot be connected, it really stays trying to connect to that network (that´s why, in theory, the wifi icon stays on, right after turn the wifi off).

That´s what I just figured a couple of minutes ago. I don´t know if somebody has the same issue than me, but I solved that matter in that way...

Hope that helps somebody!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sarah75

Interesting. It may also help to delete any saved connections in Settings,  Wifi, Saved networks. 

Wifi icon shows as follows...

Green connected

White, on but not connected

Grey, wifi off.

The three button reset is now one button (power button only) since OS 2 which is easier. Three button still works but a devil for your manicure. 

Sarah.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
efanga
My Device: PlayBook 64
My Carrier: o2

Have the same problem, updated multiple times but no change. Called customer care but they said I should mail. Can't reach them via mail.
Please use plain text.
Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

if you tried three button reset and its wont work for then please visit customer care. did you visit them ? what they says ?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
efanga
My Device: PlayBook 64
My Carrier: o2

called customer care, they said i should send a mail,

but the mail confirmation page for blackberry doesnt work, i complained to them, they said it is working

have sent them a mail, waiting for a reply. have also tweeted this issue about 3 or four times but no response to my tweets from @blackberry help

tried the reset multiple times

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hold power button fo r30 seconds to reboot it, then while it is rebooting press it again for 30 seconds and wait for it to reboot

if it does nto reboot in 10 minutes might have to reload the OS

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.