Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Parkers
My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Orange

Playbook issues with browser and freezing

Hi, We bought our first blackberry playbook 64gb for Christmas, after 2 weeks of using it we had a problem with the browser screen just coming up blank, when you try and click in to the address bar at the top to write, they keyboard bit doesn't appear. We were alkso having problems with the emails freezing. We reset it and checked internet connection and it still wouldn't work.

We thought it must be an issue with that specific one so we returned it and got a new one, now after a week of using it we have got the same problem again!

I'll admit to not being the most up to date with technology but I can't see any obvious errors in the settings and connection seems to be fine.

Can anyone help please, if not this one will get returned and won't be replaced!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Playbook issues with browser and freezing

Try this first. Unplug your router for a minute, then reconnect it. Try your browser again and let us know if it is behaving any better. If it does not improve, try doing a firmware upgrade to your router.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook issues with browser and freezing

As it seems to be time related, go to Browser, then drag down from top to Settings, then in  Privacy and Security do a clear of cache and history (or all if you want)

Reduce history kept for settings, etc. 

The problem of keyboard refusing to come up is a software bug, esp in emails. In bad email cases back out, save draft then edit again.