Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Anikanjedi
My Device: Playbook 16GB
Accepted Solution

Playbook keeps FREEZING

It seems that since the update in December my Playbook keeps freezing when I try to move to different websites.  Its getting worse by the day.  It even shut itself off or restarted on its own !  Afrer about 10 min it finally came back on.  Since Playbooks dont get viruses...What can be going on?  It's getting very frustrating!   My Playbook is almost useless at this point.  Even if it doesnt completely lock up it takes Soooooo long to load a page that I just set it down and come back to it.  Please help.  Do I need to just wipe it all out?  Im not having any problem with my internet.  The problem seems to just be the Playbook.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Playbook keeps FREEZING

Try doing a reboot on your router. Afterwards do a reboot on your Playbook. Let us know if it makes a difference.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Anikanjedi wrote:

It seems that since the update in December my Playbook keeps freezing when I try to move to different websites.  Its getting worse by the day.  It even shut itself off or restarted on its own !  Afrer about 10 min it finally came back on.  Since Playbooks dont get viruses...What can be going on?  It's getting very frustrating!   My Playbook is almost useless at this point.  Even if it doesnt completely lock up it takes Soooooo long to load a page that I just set it down and come back to it.  Please help.  Do I need to just wipe it all out?  Im not having any problem with my internet.  The problem seems to just be the Playbook.  

Gets worse with time? When did you last go to browser Settings,  Privacy and security, and clear out the cache, history etc?

My Device: Playbook 16GB

I did everything you both recommended and I think my problem(s) is solved!  My PB is not only MUCH faster now, but everything seems to be back to normal.  It hasnt got hung up on anything tonight and I haven't even had to reboot!    I'm thrilled!  Thank you both very much!!!  You're time and knowledge is GREATLY appreciated! 

Please use plain text.