Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook mounts as network Drive

Hey Im trying to install the playbook into my car, and I've run into the problem that the USB on my car Deck wont recongize my playbook. My deck is pretty new and top of the line (kenwood) I've tested it with a number of other devices, ipods, ipads, usb drives, external hard drives, laptops all work fine. I think the propblem is that the playbook wants to mount its self as a network drive and requires the drivers to be installed on the computer.

My question is, Can I fix this by pre loading drivers onto my playbook so that it will mount itself as a normal usb drive, to make it compatible in my car?

(obviousyly ive concidered, 3.5 and other meothds but I have alot of speakers and 4 12" subs so sound clarity is a must; meaning I need to keep my out put in digital form)

If that is not possible is there any other way around this?

Thanks for the support guys,

-Sev

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Playbook mounts as network Drive

Hi Sevemb

This is a feature that cannot be changed.  As you said, the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ mounts itself as a network drive.  You're car stereo likely requires a device that supports MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), which is not available on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!