Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
apothecare
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

Playbook not Recognized by Desktop Software? this worked for me - enabling Network Adapter...

I've been wanting to backup the contents of my Playbook for a couple of years now, but haven't been able to, because the Desktop Manager hasn't been able to connect to the tablet and the wireless transfer method is too slow for that much data.

So, I've tried several methods with no success

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26904

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27204

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27424

Finally, I found a method that worked for me

I went to Device Manager (Windows 7-64bit) and was looking to see if the Playbook was shown as an attached storage device, but for some reason, I opened the Network Adapter tab instead, to discover an entry for Blackberry there with a yellow exclamation mark....

When I opened the Properties tab for that entry, it showed the device as being DISABLED, when I enabled it, the device installation was completed and shown as available to Windows

I re-started the Desktop Manager and it began the process of recognizing a new Blackberry device, and all the options that had previously been greyed out, were now active...

Some of the solutions mentioned above HINTED at the existence of a virtual network adapter for USB connection, but none of them suggested looking at the Device Manager for that reason (KB26904 says to look in the Network and Sharing Centre, but it won't appear there if the Virtual Network Adapter is disabled, and KB27424 DOES say to look in the Device Manager, but not in the Network Adapter folder)

Anyway, this worked for me, and after almost 3 years, I can finally backup the pictures and documents on this device....  :Clap:

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook not Recognized by Desktop Software? this worked for me - enabling Network Adapter...

Thank you for posting the method that worked for you.

Can you do us a quick favor? Click 'Options' in the top right corner of your post then click 'Solved'. In doing this you'll make your post easier to find in a search by other members who might be experiencing this issue as well.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
apothecare
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Playbook not Recognized by Desktop Software? this worked for me - enabling Network Adapter...

[ Edited ]

Hi BillJ,

Sorry, I don't have that option available...but I will mark YOUR post as a solution, hope that serves the same purpose

forum option screenie.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

Solved by this also:
setting -> network -> select automatic found
don't select Windwos or MAC mannually while attached to pc via USB
Please use plain text.