Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
michaelmartin
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Re: Playbook not powering up, not charging, nothing

Good day everyone.

I have the same problem, I've been able to "restart" my playbook using the stack charging methods listed in the forum. However after a week, the battery started to drain and I am unable to charge it. If I plug it to the wall charger, the lightning icon appears, but is only able to keep the battery charge at the level it was at when I plugged it in.

Consequently, the battery charge has gone down completely. When I try and charge it, the Playbook actually is able to boot up, with the battery level at "0". But I cannot remove it from being attached to the wall charger as it will automatically power off.

I'm using the micro USB charger that came with the box. Been trying to search for the magnetic charger but I haven't been able to find one in the Philippines.

Help anyone?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jmarskie
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry Playbook

I had the same issue my playbook wont charge nor turn on. I tried charging on my laptop and straight from the outlet but nothing works. Is the wire of my playbook defective?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
damoscode
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: MTN

xup y'all: av not really enjoyed my playbook 64G (it's painfull though), i only used it for a few month, the charging port became unstable, that i have to adjust the charger till it charges. So i left it for a long while thinking the playbook is gone. But i later heard that i can actually buy the original playbook charger, so i did, i carried my playbook which is still looking brand new, i charge and it does this; -------it shows the red light, later shows a red battery icon showing an AC power is connected to it, it laters shows a blinking green light, it comes on showing Blackberry, then it goes off and start the process again repeatedly.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HAPPENING?....though people criticizes this playbook, but I for one, i love it.

TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO SOLVE THIS

dhermy
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Leave it ti charge and every few hours with the wall charger still connected, press & hold the power button only for 20 seconds. If that doesn't work keep charging and try again in a few more hours.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
altafbuledi
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 923135333734

Dear All,

My Blackberry Playbook is not powering on, not charging. When I am putting my Blackberry Playbook on charging it is heating whole tablet. I don't know what happened to it? Please help me and guide me.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sarah75

Sounds dangerous. Replace it with a new tablet?

Sarah.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
altafbuledi
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 923135333734

Thanks Sarah for your comment. Yes ultimately I would replace it with new one but I will would like any technical suggestion from the forum to know possible cause of problem.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sarah75

[ Edited ]

Had  you not mentioned the overall heating I would have recommended the standard fixes similar to hundreds of similar threads but yours sounds like it could be a sick battery and lithium fires are not pleasant.  

Use an old credit card to pry off the back and feel where the heat is coming from.

Sarah.
Please use plain text.