Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook only works while plugged in.

So, I think this is a combination of two problems and I would like to find out what my options are.
For some reason my playbook will not function at all while unplugged. If it's plugged in for several hours and disconnected from the charger, it immediately goes dead. No shut down or indication from the LED, just dead with no response to trying to power on again.
When it's plugged in the battery icon always displays full battery and not charging.
The second problem is that my micro usb port may be damaged because if the charger wire moves the slightest bit, the unit goes dead and the red light comes on for a few seconds before it starts booting again.
Is there anything I can do?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Playbook only works while plugged in.

Hi Underscore384 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you tried plugging your BlackBerry PlayBook into your computer via the USB port? If so, what happens? Does the PlayBook turn on?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 9057810117

Re: Playbook only works while plugged in.

Hi, I have the same issue with my Playbook as the previous person.  My Playbook only works if its plugged in with the charger, and the moment I unplug it, it goes dead. Does not even turn when plugged into the PC, only the charger.

Any ideas....