Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Playbook password virus

I have a playbook and from one day to another every time I'm try to log in into playbook it tells me that my password is incorrect and it is stuck on 6 tries out of 10. It wont go to ten to do wipe. Can somebody help me please

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook password virus

What would you like? There are no viruses on BlackBerry Devices.
New Contributor

i have backed up my device on laptop so i dont care if i have to erase everything on it. i just want to use it

Forums Veteran I

Can you access the settings cog in the top right corner?
Forums Veteran I

Try holding down the power button for 20 seconds. Wait a few minutes to see if it will reboot. If it doesn't hold down the power button again until the red light flashes then wait for it to reboot, about 4 minutes.
Forums Veteran I

If you do the Wipe you will have to enter your BBID and your BBID Password in order to continue. If you don't have or don't know this info, it will not proceed.
New Contributor

i did what you said will it was connected to the laptop. now the laptop gave an option to rapair. then it ask me for the password. then it told me if i want to check if there was an update. it found an update. so now is in the proses of downloding and updating. ill let you know what happens

Forums Veteran I

I think what it is actually doing is a complete wipe and a reinstall of the OS. It may take a while to do this. When it is finished you will have to start from scratch with entering the BBID etc and setting up your wifi connection. You can reinstall any apps without problems at My World in the App World. Then you can restore all your files from the DM.
New Contributor

where do you get that bbid #?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You don't know your own BBID or BBID password?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!