Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playbook password virus

i know the pin # i dont know if thats the same

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You sure this is YOUR Playbook? It just seems a little odd that someone with a working Playbook (that required a BBID in order to set it up and install apps) now suddenly doesn't know his BBID or BBID password.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

No. The BBID was given when you initially setup your PlayBook. If you don't know it, it will not proceed too much further without it. The PlayBook will be useless without it.
New Contributor

bro your going to have to forgive me i just understood what bbid means. im a little slow with abriviations. lol

New Contributor

and yea it mine

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

What is the PIN Number?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

BBID = BlackBerry ID
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

How do you know the pin number if you can't access the device because it's locked?

Please forgive me if I sound harsh. This all just sounds a little strange. It sounds like you're someone trying to gain access to someone else's Playbook.

When you setup the device initially it should have prompted you to create a BBID and password, if you didn't already have one. The BBID is usually your email address and a password.
Guru II

Elmikinbin wrote:

and yea it mine

So, does this mean it's really not yours? 

New Contributor

no bro i bought it at besstbuy it was a referbish one