Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

Playbook price fluctuations

So I read today that all playbooks are $299...if I had known that I would have waited and brought the 64gb instead of the 32gb for the same price... This type of price fluctuation is very unsettling and is causing me to loose faith in rim. How much is a playbook really worth if they can knock 300 off the price one day...boost it back up 300 the next...then drop it in the case of the 64gb a whopping $400.
Don't get me wrong I love my pb and I realize sale prices change but rarely 25-70% in a matter of months...This whole situation is very disconcerting and creates even more insability in the minds of consumers that have invested and may invest in RIM.
Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to re-evaluate what they are trying to accomplish with all this recent activity. From my point of view I still wouldn't touch RIM stock with a ten foot pole even at this deeply discounted price. The only thing that can save them at this point is to restore some of the good will they have lost in the last few years, but sadly there seems to be more effort going into inventing the company then perserving a trusted name in personal electronics...
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

Re: Playbook price fluctuations

Here in Canada (Home of the BB) the sale is over and the $299 deal for all storage sizes is not available! This is disappointing to say the least.
I would have bought a second PB64gb.
DC-IT
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

With the sales since black friday I have purchased several 64g models.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

It's still on at Future Shop in BC...I was there today...check the website you may be able to still get a 64 from the west coast...
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook

only the 16gb model was 200 euros here, the others were way more expensive considering it's only a memory bump..