Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cagey
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Playbook refuses to accept new contacts.

When I try to add a new contact (The playbook originally grabbed all my Outlook contacts quite happily) I can input all the information but when I tap the save icon I get a long complicated error message.

It begins [SERVICE ERROR 4]

{"exc_traceback": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n File \"pim/services/rest.py\", line 84, in wrapper\n File \"pim/services/rest.py\", line 121, in wrapper\n File \"pim/services/rest.py\", line 634, in contacts_create\n File \"pim/internal/contact.py\", line 1349, in create_contact\n File \"pim/utils/system/rcp;.py\" line 135, in __getattr__\npim.exception.rpc.MissingRPCService: There is no RPC service named Account: 1330353753({'endpoint': 'Account: 1331353753', 'status': 500},())\n", "exc_kwds": {"status": 500, "endpoint": "Account: 1330353753"}, "exc_args": [], "exc_value": "There is no RPC service named Account:1330353753", "exc_type": "pim.exception.rpc.MissingRPCService", "invalid_account": false}

I do not suppose I have copied all of this correctly. Certainly I know of no way to translate this set of gibberish into something that I might be able to understand and further, I expect there is no simple way to correct whatever the fault might be.

Does anyone out there have any clue about this.

It is not new with the latest update by the way. Been going on for a while now.

Please use plain text.
jvcamping
My Device: Playbook 32g
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Playbook refuses to accept new contacts.

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

Much appreciated 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cagey
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

So far yours is the only reply. I guess we are lost in the wilderness. No other replies have showed up. Makes one wonder if anyone reads these things.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

This may help. Delete your email accounts, do a reboot if the PlayBook and then reinstall the accounts. You should not lose anything you already have when you delete the accounts.
Please use plain text.