Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
slug9550
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

Playbook registration

Just tried to register 2 new 64GB Playbooks but online registration says they do not qualify for 90day support, just paid for incident support. Have rung the telephone support line before and no wish to try and speak to them again, very frustrating. What's going on? Why no support?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook registration

Strange. Your carrier is EE. Is this a 4g Playbook on contract? What country?

UK and as far as I am aware its 3G. Bought them both as Xmas presents for grand kids and never used until Xmas Day

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

You must have purchased them through a carrier since they are 3Gurgaon/4G. If that is the case the Carrier is responsible for the support.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slug9550

Hi, No bought from Currys/Pcworld, a large UK retailer. Best of all I work at their UK distribution hub. For some reason PB registration page does not like the serial numbers!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Call RIM at the Canadian Number. 24/BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

slug9550 wrote:

UK and as far as I am aware its 3G. Bought them both as Xmas presents for grand kids and never used until Xmas Day

Do as Lost_at_sea says and contact the RIM support. They were very good with me, cal centre is somewhere in Belgium by the sounds.

From the ads I have seen they just started HSPA+ on contact in UK which are about £450 and have a SIM card slot, or Wifi-only for about £129. If it's the latter then they should register for 90 days support. The serial number is the one on the lower left  edge of the case. Need your strongest NHS specs on to read it, The one on the box may not be correct. Currys/PC World stuff should be kosher, I got both mine there, but check with RIM. 

Hi, Think thats what I will have do. Rang the UK support number a while ago with a problem with my 32GB PB and the help centre was in India. Not very helpful, couldnt understand them, sounded like English but very frustrating.....
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

slug9550 wrote:
Hi, Think thats what I will have do. Rang the UK support number a while ago with a problem with my 32GB PB and the help centre was in India. Not very helpful, couldnt understand them, sounded like English but very frustrating.....

We in the UK have one big advantage - Sale of Goods Act and retailer warranty.  Include the advice here and RIM support is probably unnecessary.  in my experience they will take you through diagnostics then tell you to take it back for replacement, there being no service centres in UK.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

jarviser wrote:

slug9550 wrote:

there being no service centres in UK.

Better yet, there is no call center for RIM in Canada, and there is no service center in Canada, it all have to go outside, and this is a Canadian company :-(

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.