Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Playbook stuck in update mode

Hello all.. need help badly!
Was in the process of adding blackberry desktop to a new computer (Windows 8); program went in fine but the Playbook was still connected and now it says that the playbook is not finished downloading its program and does not show that it can connect to PC?.
The PC says this "Setup hasn't been completed for the connected Blackberry Playbook Tablet. Disconnect your device and finish setting it up (or complete setup) then reconnect it to your computer."
It is stuck in the pick country mode but I can't pick a country because the keyboard does not work and there is no options on the drop down menu.
The Playbook has a Blue setup screen with "Agrreement" on the top. then a blank Country Box with blank drop down. Then it says "Unable to display the Blackberry ID Agreement. Please select your Country and language then try again"
It is definitely stuck in this screen.. tried restarting in different button configurations but it is stuck no matter what is done.. Does this need to go back to Blackberry or would some tech or do you have a miracle way to fix?
Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff

New Contributor

Re: Playbook stuck in update mode

I would have deleted this but can't find a delete?

At any rate. got the Blackberry going again but it reset it and lost all the info, pictures and so forth.. oh well. at least it is still working.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64

How did you get it going again as a matter of interest?  My PB won't boot past the splash screens.

New Contributor

Mine was stuck in the setup mode. Yours is not getting past the start up screens which sounds like another problem. Ask here if you have not already.. I wish you much luck!

My Device: blackberry playbook

how did you get it fixed

New Contributor

Turned it off, restarted it and followed the prompts..