Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
deanodude
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

Playbook stuck on 0% charge even when booted up!!!!

I have a 16Gb PB and the rapid charging dock. Whilst off and on the dock, i get the flashing green light indicating that it is charging (at least i assume that's what it is indicating). Last night i placed it on it's dock and left it overnight in the hope that it would have some sort of chrage. However, it would come out of standby and still indicate no charge which is rubbish because otherwise it wouldn't even power on. Prior to it indicating no charge it was stuck on 47% for ages, so i turned it off and on again, which enabled me to do....... Nothing!!! All it would then do was on power on being pushed, flash the notification light red for a few seconds and then green 5 times then go back into whatever world it was previously in.

Please somebody try and help me before i use the playbook on the nearest blackberry salesman as a weapon!!!!

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Playbook stuck on 0% charge even when booted up!!!!

[ Edited ]

If it is charging whilst powered off after a short perion on red, you should get a slowly pulsating yellow LED, followed by a steady green when charged

Looking at the knowledge base article http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705 the pattern you suggest of red and five green says it is very low charge.

"With the battery between 2.7V-3.53V, pressing the power button causes the LED to flash a pattern (1 solid red light followed by 5 yellow blinks)  to indicate low battery (PlayBook Tablet OS version 1.0.5, and above)"

So it is not receiving a charge. Check the three pins on the dock and the playbook are clean. Try the original wall outlet charger that came with it. If neither charges and its in warranty call your country's RIM number (blackberry.com/support)

If out of warranty you could try levering off the back and removing then replacing the battery connector (two crosshead screws)  

It's a VERY common problem on this forum. 

________