Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

valtramatt
My Device: Playbook

Playbook turns on but doesn't charge

Hi,

My Playbook will turn on after charging for a few hours however the battery icon stays at 0% and doesn't show the charging icon. Also the front and rear cameras don't work

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Playbook turns on but doesn't charge

[ Edited ]

valtramatt wrote:

Hi,

My Playbook will turn on after charging for a few hours however the battery icon stays at 0% and doesn't show the charging icon. Also the front and rear cameras don't work

Are you using a wallcharger or are you trying to charge the tablet using a computer USB port? Are you able to connect your tablet to a desktop computer to transfer files? If you are able to do this then there is a good chance your USB port is not damaged - that's important. Do you have access to a magnetic rapid charger? You could try and go to a store to see if they'd let you "demo" one while you're there and when you plug it into the wall and connect the tablet, it will hopefully give you some power. The device has to be ON to accept power - which in my opinion is kind of dumb. So be cautious with using your tablet until you get this sorted out. If you run out of energy completely, your problems will compound.

Also, you can use the search funtionality on these forums to search for others with problems with their cameras and charging. These questions have been dealt with several times and there are lots of options for you. If your device is new and under warranty, I'd send it back to get fixed - especially because of the camera issues.