Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Playbook update timeframe

Its been so long waiting for the update version (2.0?) that will bring email apps, etc, that I quit checking in.  Has anyone got a credible timeframe for RIM's upgrade?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook update timeframe

I heard next week or October, but then again its all rumors at this point.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks. That's what I had heard also. It'd be nice if RIM would give out a little insight every now and then. I really like the whole Blackberry product line, but can't give RIM very high marks for customer appreciation. Even taking in to account concerns about competitive concerns.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

follow the BlackBerry Blog and you will know when it is released

http://blogs.blackberry.com/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

OS 2.0 will be released in February 2012.
I do hope however that there will be other 1.0.x releases before that date.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 G / BB Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

With all the delayed promises from RIM, I'm not counting on February 2012 either.  The expected date of Playbook OS2.0 release is like one of those dreams where you are running down a hallway to a door that keeps getting further and further away.  Time for RIM to wake up and realize how many PB owners are past frustration and well into disgust over continued broken promises.

PB-64g (Wifi) & Bold 9930 (Verizon/Vodafone)
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am frustrated, at least as much as you are. But I am confident RIM is doing what they can. I don't understand all their decisions, but I have decided to not care, and simply be happy when I get an upgrade, even a minor one.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I am trying to keep the faith, but it is becoming increasingly more difficult.  A few die hards are not going to save RIM, RIM must save themselves at this point.  It would be awesome to start hearing some powerful and positive news coming from them very soon.  Lots of people are caught in a plan at this point so that does provided them some time to do something significant, but in the mean time lots more people are willing to by-pass them due to poor press and lagging tech (well the superficial 'i' tech anyway).  A demonstration that they have focus, hard lines on delivery, and no shallow glitz or claims and they could convince at few people to keep the faith and be patient for just a short time longer.

I like RIM and Blackberry for the most part and believe they have the strongest product out there from a 'usability' perspective and that should be there focus (my opinion).  Maybe a new 'face' to the company, Mike isn't the right front man, good at running the company (arguable I know)  but not good on a big, medium or small screen.  Bold starts from within, don't quit, adapt!