Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Playbook while tethered causing browser problems

I love my Playbook, but I've found that while tethered to my Bold 9700 and using the regular internet browser, that I can't seem to copy/paste or save an image from a website.  It is also very jumpy while browsing.  I do wait until the page is fully loaded and the blue status bar is done and gone, but it still won't function properly.  I know this is a tethering issue because it has no problems while on wifi. 

Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution...or is it a bug in the OS while tethered?  If its a bug, I can live with that and just know that it might be corrected shortly.

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook while tethered causing browser problems

are you on a 3g network or a 2g one?

good signal on phone?

densly populated area?

Tethering does not have the speed of wifi, but would be helpful to know the above questions.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I have a great signal actually. I am in a metro area, but it has perfomed like this even in a non heavily populated area. I am getting a 3g signal.

I understand my 3g connection is slower, but I can't draw a conclusion as to why that affects my touch input. Especially when the page is fully loaded, per the blue status bar.

Thanks!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know some sites when you try to type it loads up an editor like the full version of this forum does.

does it happen on all sites or just some?

can you give an exapmle of a few please?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&gl=US&hl=en_US&client=mv-google&v=5tjQVH78f1w&nomobile=1

Hopefully this video helps explain the problems. It happens on all sites. The browser just seems like it is constantly thinking that my touch is a touch meant to resize the page or pinch to zoom. It won't register one tap and hold to bring up the pop up menu.