Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mikesic
My Device: Playbook

Playbook will not boot - solid red LED for 10s

My Playbook went dead last week.  Put it on the wall charger for many hours and the thing will not boot.  Now, all I get when I plug it in to the wall charger, or computer USB cable is the LED lights up red for about 10 seconds, then nothing.

I can't find this behavior listed anywhere on any site, and of course my complimentary BB support has expired.  Help me out before I bring this brick back to the store.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
playbook2012
My Device: playbook tablet

Re: Playbook will not boot - solid red LED for 10s

Hi,

I have the same problem for a week already with no resolution in sight.

One question I have for you.  Can you really bring it back to the store ?

I want to do that too but do not know if it is possible

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

You can still contact RIM via the support number to obtain warranty support. To contact RIM, you can get their phone number by going to http://blackberry.com/support, select the BlackBerry PlayBook, then choose the Contact Us tab to get the phone number.

They can then assist you assuming that your PlayBook still falls within the one year warranty.

I hope this helps!

I know of a couple

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
playbook2012
My Device: playbook tablet

Thanks.  This is good news.  My PlayBook is very recent (less than 6 monhths). I will call them.  Hope they will answer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikesic

Actually, the web page you need is here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

I called, and apparently, the 90 commplentary support starts when you register your PlayBook, because I was able to get a support ticket from the friendly voice on the other end.

Also, I gathered that Blackberry would handle any warranty returns themselves (though you'd probably need a proof of purchase/reciept).

I had to run to a meeting, so I'll have to call back.  Problem not solved yet, but progress.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
icemanswimmer
My Device: 9700 6.0

What OS do you guys have or had on your tablets?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikesic

Update:  RIM sending me an RMA replacment unit.  Process was fairly painless and they didn't ask too many questions.

So, I suppose if you see the red LED light for 10 seconds and then go out, probably means you have a Dead Berry.

Please use plain text.