Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: C E0560 32G Tablet
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Playbook will not charge

Playbook stopped being able to charge. Purchased another charger...still will not work. Problem seems to be with the playbook. This was purchased at a charity auction end of July this year so I have no contact for support.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playbook will not charge

You can get support information from www.blackberry.com/playbook

Are you using the specific Playbook charger or are you using another charger?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I am using the playbook charger that came with the product. The usb symbol with the B is facing up when screen is facing up. It's the only way it will go in. No charger light comes on anymore.

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you tried restarting the Playbook? Is the Playbook still charged somewhat or is it dead and turned off?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I have figured out that the charger was last inserted incorrectly and by adjusting the inside of where it plugs in, it now can be charged. It's charging now. I will put a red mark on the top of the side that should face up so this does not happen again. Glad it's fixed....thanks for your help.Smiley Happy

My Device: Playbook 64g, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

The charging tab on the inside of my playbook got bent/mangled and will not charge.  I purchased it at the beginning of February 2012 and I have been a mess without it lately!  Where/who do I go to correct this issue?

Guru II

You can try contacting RIM for warranty support. Info can be found at www.blackberry.com/playbook.

You could also get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...