Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Musky2009
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Playbook will not connect to Windows 7

Help

I am running windows 7 and when I plug in my Playbook, the drivers fro m playbook will not install.  I can get the USB driver so that it will recognize that the play book is connected but I cannot see any files or sync.  I have another PC running XP and it connects no problem.  Also I have a BB Torch and in Windows  7 it does load all the drivers and connect with no issues.  I can see the RIM driver listed in my Control panel as a heading but under properties it states no driver install and cannot update.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: Playbook will not connect to Windows 7

win7 x64 here and it worked fine so there must be some other problem here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Musky2009

I am running 32 bit, and I know it generally works with Windows 7.  I am having a problem that I am hoping some one can help with.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karaokemag
My Device: PB 64 and BB9810
My Carrier: Virgin

Uninstall BB app on your computor and remove any drivers. Re install, when you plug in your playbook you should have drive "z". If this dosnt work there are more discusions here to solve it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

You can connect the PB to your PC via WiFi instead of usb.
This works much better and you don't risk damaging the usb port on your PB.
Check out the forum on transferring video files, I've posted illustrations on bow to set this up.
DC-IT
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: internet

How does using your USB port to connect it to the computer damage the USB port on the playbook? Is there a recall we should know about?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karaokemag
My Device: PB 64 and BB9810
My Carrier: Virgin

No recall, no existing problems, just his opinion, wifi is slow if you are transfering large files.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

Accidents happen.

When a small tablet like the PB is attached to the PC with a usb cable it can accidentally be knocked off the table and the usb cable could be yanked causing damage to the connector on the PB which may not be coverd under the warranty since it is damaged caused by the user and not a manufacturing defect.

I connect my PB to my PC via WiFi and have no difficulty transferring movie files over my WirelessN WiFi so the speed is not too slow to be an issue but at least I don't risk any damage to the usb port.

The PB is a mobile device and capable of WiFi connectivity so why not take advantage of it?

Here is the link to my post on setting up the WiFi connection:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Transfering-videos/td-p/1508451/page/2

DC-IT
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xVx-01
My Carrier: N/A

I think wi-fi vs. usb is a non-issue because your USB shouldn't get damaged if you are careful with it. Use whatever works best for you.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

karaokemag wrote:
No recall, no existing problems, just his opinion, wifi is slow if you are transfering large files.

yes it will be slow once in standby mode, i use an app to keep mine open White Noise

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.