Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

dv8
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tesco
Accepted Solution

Playbook will not switch on!

Hi

Have a 3 month old playbook, been ok until now, as not it will not switch on, have done some searching around and sought some tips, none of these appear to work.

1. Ive held the on/off button for 5, 10, 12, 20, 22 , 30 secnds it makes no difference.

2. Ive held the on/off Vol up & down for 12, 20, 30 60 seconds, no difference.

3. Ive held all of the top buttons on for various times... no difference.

4. Ive charged it for 2mins, off for 8 seconds repeated, 5 then 10, then 20 times.... no difference.

5. ive downloaded the latest desktop software, installed and tried the update process, it says cannot connect to device, switch the device off then on again!... thats all i want it to do!!!

The only thing the playbook does if you plug in the mains chagrer, the red LED stays on for around 5-10 seconds then goes off.  that is all it does...

Any ideas??

cheers

DV

Solutions: 6,269
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook will not switch on!

Let it charge on a known GOOD wall outlet charger for 24 hours and try all of the above again, including at the last, connecting to Desktop Manager.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
dv8
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tesco

Ok,

Its been on charge for a good while, no change, still wont switch on at all and the red LED stays on for 15 seconds then goes off, none of the above worked... however,

playing with it, i have found this.

If you unplug the mains charger, re-insert the charger until the red light goes out for a approx 10-15 times, then when you hold the power on button for approx 15 seconds you get the dead battery symbol, leave the charger inserted, then you get a flashing green-ish LED light, after approx 1-2hrs, it will switch on!!!

lesson learnt, dont let the battery run flat on this device!

Solutions: 6,269
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Great, glad you're on the way.

Just so you know, that lengthy 24+ hour charging actually did help as the first 0-3% may take that time for the device to recognize the battery. 

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code