Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
trickydyx
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Playbook will not sync media

After installing last update,

Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook

Re: Playbook will not sync media

what is your update version.
latest version "2.1.0.1753" my playbook version is this and I can able to sync my media with the use of BB Desktop manager.
and for that .net framework 3.5 is require.

I hope this will help you
New Contributor
trickydyx

Version 2.1.0.1917, no luck yet.
New Contributor
Hickymoto
My Device: BOLD 9900

Hi have got the same problem have you had any luck solving it yet?

John

New Contributor
trickydyx

Yes, I uninstalled Desktop Manager and the dll. Defragmented hard drive. Reinstalled both and had success. I had done this twice before without success. Third time lucky.
New Contributor
Hickymoto

Hello thanks for that I uninstalled this morning restarted and reinstalled and all workink fine now thanks again.

Kind Regards John

New Contributor
cola1785
My Device: Bold 9790 + PlayBook 2.0.1917 64GB

[ Edited ]

Hi! I have the same / a similar problem with my PlayBook FW 2.1.0.1917:

I too can't sync any media or other data files. The Desktop Software does recognize my playbook but as soon as I want to sync anything an error messages appears.

Windows on the other hand doesn't recognize the PlayBook as a device and thus I can't sync anything using Windows Expolorer. This may be because the BlackBerry Device Manager only starts to "initialize" the connection but doesn't go any further.

I've already uninstalled all "4to6" Files in the Windows Device Manager as an article I found in the blackberry knowledge base suggested.

I've also de- and  reinstalled blackberry desktop software but without any luck. Didn't delete the dll file though cause I'm not very experienced changing windows registry entries.

Oh and btw: My PlayBook won't charge when connected to my laptop via USB. The Laptop uses Windows Vista SP 2 as OS.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Hendrik

New Contributor
Hickymoto

Hello I to am running the same windows operating system as you. This is what I did uninstall all items saying blackberry from your computer go to blackberry site click the software on the drop down click and install media sync.

Then plug in your playbook and it should be recognise,then you should be able to sync media and anything else.

hope this helps Kind Regards John

New Contributor
cola1785
My Device: Bold 9790 + PlayBook 2.0.1917 64GB

Thanks for your reply.

When clicking on media snyc button on the (german) blackberry website I get to download the BB DesktopSoftware 7.1 which I already have :/

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

Last time i reinstalled, it didn't make any difference - will try again soon though.

Has your PlayBook not been charged when pluged in via USB?

New Contributor
trickydyx

I am glad the software works for you. The charging issue is unclear, as my PlayBook gives an alert that it not able to charge, but it will charge none the less. It just takes longer. I hope this helps.

Best regards 

Glenn