Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
debandy
My Device: Blackberry Playbook O/S 2.0
Accepted Solution

Playbook will not sync with PC

Hello...  Newby here..  Received our new Playbook a few weeks ago.  Installed Blackberry Desktop Software and when I connect with the USB, the Playbook see's that it's connected to the PC, but the Desktop Software will not acknowledge the Playbook.  I have hit the "update" key, but it just sits there and does nothing.  I downloaded version 6.1.036.

The drivers install when I connect the Playbook with the usb.

Help me out please

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Playbook will not sync with PC

In the PB tap the gear, go to Storage and Sharing, make sure File Sharing and Wifi Sharing are on. Exit settings, tap the battery icon and then restart. When it reboots try to see if the PB Files are visible. Report back and I will make another suggestion.
New Contributor
debandy

Ok..  changed my sharing options as they were off.  I rebooted to PB.  Do not see any visible files and it still does not connect with my PC.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Step 1: Make sure your Playbook is connected to Wifi.

Step 2: On your Playbook, go to Storage and Sharing and enable File Sharing and Wifi Sharing. You can enable a password if you want. I didn’t bother.

Step 3: On your Playbook, go to about and select the network tab. Take note of your IP address (IPv4). It’ll be something like 192.122.2.1. Sorry that I redacted my IP address, I’m sure you understand

Step 4: On your computer, click on the top bar and type your Playbook’s IP address. Notice that there is a \\ before the IP address; you MUST include this.

That’s as far as most instructions will go. From here you can browse the file on your Playbook (media folder). Taking the next steps will make you a nifty shortcut in your Computer folder with the sexy fill bar. Basically, easy access; you don’t ever have to remember your IP address or type it in the navigation bar again.

Step 5: Right click on the media folder and select “Map Network drive…”

Step 6: Assign a Drive Letter (whatever you want, it doesn’t matter. I used P for Playbook). Click Finish.

Step 7: Have a glass of lemonade, and reflect on how cool it is that you can access your Playbook over WiFi quickly and easily by just clicking on the icon in your Computer directory.

You can browse the files on your Playbook now by clicking the Network Location. You can easily copy files to and from it whenever you want. Easy huh? You can also change the drive name by right-clicking it and selecting “Rename.”
Try this and report back.
New Contributor
debandy

Thank you..  I'm technically not using BB Desktop, but this will do just fine.  Appreciate all your help and patience.

:catvery-happy:

Deb

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Well you are doing much better than most guys. Many can't or won't read the instructions or just plain can't comprehend what they read. Good luck with your PB.
nativeblackwidow
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Ok i too am having difficulty with trying to sync my playbook with my pc, running windows 7 been a frustrating 2 days of updates and losing all my programs that i downloaded (twice) before realizing it's a fruitless endevor so either I forget it or trudge along to sync it, what am i missing?

New Contributor
Jack_Harkness
My Device: Playbook

Hi, for win8 64

I get mine yesterday and I wasn't able to connect the PB to my PC. Only 2 times I got the "CD style" with setup..

Now it works fine with BB desktop software.

I post few mins ago on crackberry :

I installed framework .net3.5 and tried before others answers ( wifi ip, but the PB was lagging, and no transfert of movies, only few Ko..)

Install of desktop software
I used the usb BB cable
I used "compatibility mode" XP SP3
Error 31 in the drivers of "system" --> uninstall end erased the driver ( 2 times, cause 2 differents BB lines- only one after that)
Unplug and plug the PB after each delete.

After that, I restarted everything and it still works.

New Contributor
Jack_Harkness
My Device: Playbook

I answered on crackberry...