Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Kimani_Mungai
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Safaricom
Accepted Solution

Playbook won't Charge!

My new playbook does not charge at all. I am unable to use it now. I have tried several blackberry chargers and none works. What's the problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rutibrom
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: Playbook won't Charge!

Hi.

sometimes when the PlayBook is fully discharged it may take a few hours connected to the plug before you can actually turn it on. How long have you left it charging? I would recommend you to use the original BlackBerry PlayBook charger and leave it for about 4 to 5 hours and then try to turn it on.

If this doesn't work you can connect it to your computer through USB and Desktop Software and see if it responds in any way. Usually if the PlayBook isn't completely dead it automatically turns itself on once you connect it to the computer.

Please report back your results. Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kimani_Mungai
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Safaricom

I have tried both suggestions (charging for 4-5 hrs and also connecting it to the desktop software) and neither options worked. It did not appear as an option for on the desktop software. 

I am in Kenya and none of the Blackberry agents have the tablets yet! I am wondering what to do with it now as it is completely unusable-this is very sad!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If the suggestion above did not work, why did you mark it as solved?

Anyway, try this, plug the Playbook in to a charger and wall outlet that you KNOW worked in the past.

While connected to the charger, press and hold down the POWER, UP and DOWN volume keys. See if that reboots the Playbook and allows you to boot up.

If not, then read this: 

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Kimani_Mungai wrote:

My new playbook does not charge at all. I am unable to use it now. I have tried several blackberry chargers and none works. What's the problem?

That sounds as though you haven't tried the real PlayBook charger, but possibly only chargers from some BlackBerry phones?  That won't work...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
anastascia
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: verizon

Do you know if there is a known defect in the charging port? My charger suddenly will not fully connect into the port (as if theres something in the way). I am attempting to charge via usb to my desktop, will check that later today. I am not dependent on my playbook right now, but would like to get the bugs worked out, so that i may depend on it in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
winsonf1b3r
My Device: playbook 9330 8530 8520
My Carrier: smart

i have some problem on my playbook

sory if my english to bad

my playbook stuck at 0% battery

i tried to restart, hard reset, power off

use another charging but doesnt work

now my playbook just 10 minute on and then auto shutdown drained battery

please help me :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

winsonf1b3r, you should probably be calling tech support at RIM, since it's starting to sound like a number of people are having similar problems. There are several crackberry.com threads with people reporting similar issues.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
winsonf1b3r
My Device: playbook 9330 8530 8520
My Carrier: smart

im from indonesia
i dont know to contact tech support RIM
:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jooze
My Device: RIM - 9250
My Carrier: DIGI

i have different issue.my playbook charge for few minutes then after that it goes off.i have to reboot my playbook so that it will charge again and do it again and again which is ridiculous.i called the technical support and the agent said i have to plug out the charger from the PB for 2 minutes and plug it in again for another 2 minutes and have to do it for 8 times!!!!!this is unacceptable.i ask the charger warranty period and whether i can replace the charger with the new one and he simply say cannot.seriously RIM.wtf?
Please use plain text.