Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
sethadam
My Device: Playbook

Playbook won't boot after upgrade to v2

I did my OTA upgrade this morning, and it downloaded and appeared to apply successfully.  I hit the "restart" button and the playbook has been stuck at the shiny lights splash screen since.  

I've even done a hard reset - still stuck.  I can't get it to boot up.  Upgrade FAIL.  

Anyone know how I should begin troubleshooting this?  This is my one and only Blackberry device (not encouraging). 

If I haven't backed up in a few days (I know, I know...), can I redownload recently purcahsed apps? How can I even find them? Will they show in App World if they aren't installed?

Thanks in advance,

Llaaa3
My Device: Playbook & Bold 9900

Re: Playbook won't boot after upgrade to v2

When mine rebooted this morning it was on the load up page for a very long time before it actually came up, just had to wait it out and now all is fine.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Mine took over 15 min to reboot.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
sethadam

Well, given that mine has been sitting on the splash for over 45 minutes, I don't see this as the problem.
New Contributor
sethadam

I just did a device repair from the desktop software: same thing.  Stuck at the splash screen.  

Can I factory reset this thing? Am I honestly stuck with a $300 brick?

Developer
Sparrowhawk
My Device: Playbook 64GB

[ Edited ]

Saw your post on OSNews and hoped you might have had an answer from RIM by now.
Mine is stuck on "Installing Software at around 45%. been there for over an hour. Pretty unimpressive.

Developer
Sparrowhawk

[ Edited ]

For the sake of any RIM engineer who might read this, it appears that both sethadam's PlayBook and mine are 64GB models running OS 1.0.8. Maybe this info is pertinent.

New Contributor
sethadam

Well, they certainly don't read or respond on Twitter, so here's hoping my Playbook is not my last Blackberry device. 

New Contributor
mdonahuerib
My Device: BlackBerry 9930 - Playbook 32 GB

I have a similar issue. My update worked fine ... reboot seemed to take a looooong time, but the device booted into 2.0. I set up my e-mail accounts, played around with various applications, etc. Finally I rebooted as I was having some weird issues with my Google account. And now I can't get past the splash screen.

One interesting thing ... I think the OS has pretty much booted completely. I can activate the remote control from my BlackBerry phone, and the mouse pointer appears. I can move it, and at the edges of the screen I get the icons for the various gestures. Which in fact don't work as the home screen fails to load.

OS 2.0 did look really nice for the couple of hours I had it ...
Developer
Sparrowhawk

I managed to get mine working by downloading straight onto the PlayBook rather than via the Mac dekstop software.

I won't try a hard reboot though for now, in case I get a similar issue to yours!