Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Carlimited
My Device: Blackberry Q10
Accepted Solution

Playbook won't charge after update...

I recently updated my 32GB Playbook to O.S. 2.1.0.1526. The device weas working perfectly before, but now it won't charge up or connect to the desktop. I've tried all the possible cable conficgurations. Is there a way that I can fix this without wiping the entire device (rolling back the OS)? Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Re: Playbook won't charge after update...

[ Edited ]

Wiping will not roll back the OS, you will just get a new copy of the latest OS. There is no way to get an older OS than you have at present without jailbreaking  it.

Try a rapid charger. Less than £$20 in Amazon

Tried all cable configurations? There is only one cable configuration - MicroUSB plug with BB logo upwards from OEM charger.

I meant that it didn't work with either the a/c adaptor or the USB cable. Turns out that it charges if I "Lock" the device first. Might be a way that RIM wants people to leave them "On" while they are charging.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

[ Edited ]

USB cable to PC is not a valid configuration . It will not charge from a PC generally.

As for the lock business, no idea what you mean. It should not affect it.  The ac adapter  (and the rapid charger) will charge whether it's powered down, on Standby, or running a session.

Maybe your update was flawed. Try a security wipe or a debrick.

All I know is that the problem is fixed.
Please use plain text.