Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
CptMarvelous
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Playbook won't charge, light won't turn on: Solution.

I like many others have been having problems charging my playbook. It was dead, wouldn't turn on, tried everything! From rapid charger to connecting and disconnecting the USB port. I even opened the playbook and disconnected the battery. Finally, something worked. 

Solution:

I pushed up on the connector with a tiny piece of metal, plastic, (whatever works for you) so the connector that charges the playbook is in the middle. Simply, I reversed the connection, so when I plugged the connector in, it plugged in upside down. I immediately got a charge, the red light came on, from a completely dead playbook and the charging icon flashed. 

The problem as I am guessing is that the connector is very flimsy, if you pull the USB cord out of the playbook, it will bend the connector down. By lifting it to about the middle and reversing the connection, it works again. 

You can test this simply by observation. On the top piece of the end of the USB, the side which connects to your RIM Blackberry Playbook, you will see two prongs on the outside, clasps. If you look inside the connection of the Playbook, you will see two grooves which these prongs fit into. When you fit the USB into the Playbook, if the prongs on the USB are on the wrong side, you are connecting it upside down. Move the small metal piece in the Playbook up or down to fix. 

Please use plain text.