Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mel2323
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Playbook won't charge

Hello,

Up till a few days ago, my playbook was working fine, and now it won't take a charge at all. Not from the original plug in charger, or the one for the laptop or the one for my Blackberry cell phone. It wasn't dropped, shook or otherwise maimed or destroyed. I don't have the original reciept, as the Playbook was given to me as a gift, and I don't have the box (stupid me). It still has warranty, but I would like to fix this myself if I can, any ideas out there as to what I can do? It is deader then a door nail right now, and I really need it to turn on so I can get at some things on there. Please someone help me and tell me what I can do!!!! I am very desperate and I am open to all suggestions that anyone out there might have :smileyhappy:

Thank you for responding and helping me in advance,

Mel

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Playbook won't charge

Assuming your charger is not defective:

Your battery is dead. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705
Try this:

Connect the charger that came with the PlayBook and plug it into the wall. Hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds. Leave it for 4 minutes, then unplug at the wall, wait a minute, plug it back in again, hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds.

Repeat this process about 10 times and hopefully, your PlayBook should go into a high charging rate. Leave it plugged in overnight and you should have a full charge by morning.

Keep in mind that the computer USB power and the BlackBerry phone chargers do not provide enough current to charge the Playbook.  You MUST use the Playbook charger.  I recommend a rapid charger that uses the magnetic charging port.  They are pretty cheap on Amazon.  Just search for Playbook Rapid Charger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.