Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
awdelisle
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook won't connect to PC

Blackberry support tried to get the Playbook to connect with my PC but could not.  The BB desktop software is installed (took 9 tries and had to switch to Explorer and turn off Webroot) but when I open it, it is a blank white square. If I plug in my tablet, it appears in my systray but will not connect to the PC.  I have deleted and reinstalled in several ways, but no way to get the desktop to talk to the Playbook.  Windows troubleshooter said that the new desktop software vers 7.1 was not compatible with Win 7 and had the settings changed to XP, but that did not help either.

Armand

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Playbook won't connect to PC

Hi awdelisle,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

When you spoke to support, did you contact RIM®'s BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support team here: http://bbry.lv/MgKtEp or a support team from your point of sale?

You may find the steps in the following KB helpful for troubleshooting connectivity issues between the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet and the computer or BlackBerry® Desktop Software."Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry PlayBook" http://bbry.lv/Vy4v1G

If this does not resolve the issue, I would advise contacting our BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support team with the above link if you have not already done so. If you have done so, and are still having this issue, I recommend contacting your point of sale for other options.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awdelisle
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook won't connect to PC

Thanks, I will follow up a little later, I was able to get the Desktop Manager to install since I purchased a BB9900 last evening and it came with a disk which installed and updated and allowed the phone to connect to the PC but it would not sync with the Outlook data and contacts.  I then tethered the BB to the Playbook whch worked, so my next step is to try to connect the laptop with the Playbook and try to have the Playbook import approx 400 contacts from Outlook.  I will let you know how/if it works.

Armand

Please use plain text.