Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cagedgreat
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook won't connect to the internet on wifi WPA setting with d-link router

Hi, I'm using a D-link DIR-655 router with it being set up with a WPA security system. For some reason though, when I've tried to set up my playbook, it won't connect to it. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Playbook won't connect to the internet on wifi WPA setting with d-link router

[ Edited ]

I have had lots of problems with my DLink 825 N router...I solved my issues though. I would bet if you followed my thread here you will have success also.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WLAN-Problem-since-2-0-1-358/m-p/1914499#...

It ended up being a Channel Width setting to only 20 MHz that did it for me. Otherwise I went into a loop of frustration and dropped connections.

Post back if this helps you please.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cagedgreat

Re: Playbook won't connect to the internet on wifi WPA setting with d-link router

Thank you chaosdivine for the info. I tried logging into my admin page for my router. However, the password, which should be blank, will not work. I don't know how exactly to bypass this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

cagedgreat wrote:
Thank you chaosdivine for the info. I tried logging into my admin page for my router. However, the password, which should be blank, will not work. I don't know how exactly to bypass this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

What's your router make model number and brand? For example, mine is a D-Link 825N router. (Sorry, I didn't read your post fully and forgot that you'd mentioned it...my fault)

When I Google search "default router password d-link 825n" I get some returns. If I have forgotten my router password, there is a way to reset the router to factory condition - looking on the back of my router there is an area marked RESET with a recessed button that you need a pin to access. Press and hold for at least 20 seconds to make sure things are enabled. Then release.The router should reboot and reset.

At that point, the instructions noted for me say to use their default password and then immediately set a new one that you can remember. At that point, write it down and add it to your filing system somewhere you'll remember it.

You could try this site too: http://www.default-password.info/d-link/ that's for D-Link routers so you'd have to change it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cagedgreat

DIR-655
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

cagedgreat wrote:
DIR-655

I'd start here: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/product/dir-655-wireless-n-gigabit-router

Let me see if I can find how to reset your router. I think it's the same as mine actually. Your router is a pretty good router. I think with the settings I suggest to you you will get your PlayBook to connect reliably.

Also, when you get into your router, make sure your firmware is the most recent. Update it if you have to.

How to log into your router and reset it: http://www.dlink.cc/d-link-router/dir-655-forget-password-and-how-to-reset-it-back-to-the-factory-de...

How to reset router to factory once logged in (not as helpful as earlier post because you can't log in): http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/faqs/routers/mobile-routers/dir-series/how-do-i-re...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cagedgreat

fixed. Thank you so much.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

cagedgreat wrote:
fixed. Thank you so much.

You are most welcome! Goodnight.

Please use plain text.