Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
murdockfl
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Playbook won't power up

I was using my Playbook yesterday and it wouldn't pick up my home WiFi. I did a restart and when it shut down it did not come back on. I have tried plugging it in and unplugging it for two minutes each 10 times, holding down the power button and the + volume button, and holding down the power button, the + volume and the - volume. When I do any of those it stops blinking completely, but as soon as I touch another button it starts back up. It has a red LED that blinks once, pauses, then blinks 4 times and keeps repeating that cycle. I tried charging it overnight. No change. The battery was not dead when this originally happened. I can't find anything that tells me what the one blink, four blink sequence means. I am using the charger that came with it.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Playbook won't power up

Keep it on the charger after an hour or so unplug it and plug it back in for several hours. This may do the trick.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
murdockfl

Thanks. I tried that. Still just the red blinking sequence. One, pause, then 4.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

KB27705

see passage says "With the battery between 2.7V-3.53V, pressing the power button causes the LED to flash a pattern (1 solid red light followed by 5 yellow blinks)  to indicate low battery (PlayBook Tablet OS version 1.0.5, and above)"

could that be it the pattern?

Basically battery if very flat. If it won't charge then it's usually a busted micro-USB socket, maybe a busted charger, possibly a busted battery. Only by tring the magnetic connector (rapid) charger will you work out which it is., although often the gold pins can be seen squished against the back of the socket if it's that.

I don't think that's it either. There aren't any yellow blinks. Just one red, pause, then four red. If I take it off of the charger it doesn't do anything at all now. No blinks, but when I plug it back in the sequence comes back so I know that the charger is getting to it. Still need help! The desktop software won't recognize it at all so I can't go that route.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

jarviser wrote:

Basically battery if very flat. If it won't charge then it's usually a busted micro-USB socket, maybe a busted charger, possibly a busted battery. Only by tring the magnetic connector (rapid) charger will you work out which it is., although often the gold pins can be seen squished against the back of the socket if it's that.