If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
swatt1909
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Playbook won't run on battery. Only runs when connected to charger.

[ Edited ]

My playbook battery shows 100% charge, but immediately shuts off when I unplug the charger.  When I plug it in it will boot up after red light comes on then flashing green fifteen times and work properly,  until I disconnect the playbook charger.  I also cannot connect it to my computer anymore.

Unable to find a solution to this exact problem.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Playbook won't run on battery. Only runs when connected to charger.

How long have you had the PB?
When you first got it, did it work properly? Can you be a bit more specific about the problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swatt1909

Hello Lost.

I've had it for 5 months.   It worked properly until about a month ago.   It is my second pb.  My daughter uses it.  It has had very little use since purchased. 

As long as it's plugged in with the pb charger, it will boot up and work properly and show 100% charge.   The instant it is unplugged the screen goes black and it dies.  To restart involves plugging it back in and turning it on.  pb will not power up  when connected to usb on pc and is not recognized be the desktop software. 

I appreciate your assistance. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Contact support and get an rma. It is still under warranty.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swatt1909

I know it sounds stupid, but where do I get an RMA from?  I have searched the entire site.  I've sent emails to playbooksupport@blackberry.com but they just get kicked right back with a NO REPLY subject suggesting I look at the getting started page.  Almost like its designed to frustrate a person.

Thanks Aandras

Please use plain text.
ppam
My Device: playbook 32 g
My Carrier: rogers

hello there

I am having the same issue that you experienced with the Playbook wont run on battery, only runs when connected to charger.  Was your issue ever solved?  Any reply would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Contact RIM.
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181
Please use plain text.
josh842507
My Carrier: NA

Same issue, any tip how to solve this? that is not RIM tech support, who sucks by the way
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
josh842507
My Carrier: NA

I think you misunderstood the issue, at the time that we unplugged the tablet it turns off inmediatly, it only works when connected with the AC adapter (yellow plug)

Please use plain text.