Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Pollypip
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook won't run update to OS 2.1

Tried updating to 2.1 many times.....error updating try again later.....any suggestions. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
prabodpai
My Device: dont have
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Playbook won't run update to OS 2.1

did u update using desktop manager or direct in the playbook
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pollypip
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook seems to download....then finishes with a "please wait"....and goes no further 

Desktop manager also starts the download and ended with a corrupt data message.....don't recall the exact message 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Restart the Playbook and try the update again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brandonbf
My Device: Playbook

I've been trying to find an answer to this for weeks.  I've tried updating via wifi and through the Desktop Manager.  I've done hard reboots, restarts and religious incantations.  I've tried the PC-assisted update on two different computers.  Some times it does say that the OS was updated but then obviously never does because the version # never changes and I keep getting prompted to update the OS.  

I've defended Blackberry and stayed with them for about a decade now.  I actually think the Playbook OS is the best thing out there in terms of being intuitive and easy to use.  But with this issue and my Torch often being unusable due to locking up when performing certain actions that requres me to flip the phone's orientation for it to get unstuck, these may be my last two RIM products.  I've already had my final person working for me in my department have their phone contract expire and I had to recommend a Samsung device because I couldn't in good conscience let them use a product that I did not fully believe in.  If someone from RIM can help me fix this issue, I may have a glimmer of hope!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

To answer both your identical posts this may be your last resort.

Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password
If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop as well as desktop backup.
Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)
Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up
Connect the Playbook by USB cable.
If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.
Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)
Quickly select the Update (or repair) option
The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC
Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID
Add back your email accounts etc.
Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 
Copy back your data.

You may lose data permanently!

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brandonbf
My Device: Playbook

Thanks!  It took a few times, but it finally managed to get me all the way to the end of the installation process.  I'm about to check my files, but I did "lose" all of my programs -- but they're easily replaced in the App Store.  Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.