Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: shaw

Playbook won't sign in

I have had my Playbook for a few years and it is only since the newest update that it keeps asking me to sign in with my blackberry ID and when I do nothing happens, the little circle just keeps going around.  Even went and changed my password on line but it still will not work.  i have read about doing a wipe and have three questions: 1. If I do so will it take me back to the original o/s and then will I have to reload the updates?

2.Will I lose all of my files and my apps.? I keep trying to do back up but the sign in message which pos up at random keeps aborting back up.

3 Is there some way I can just reload the new update, or go back to the previous version?

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Playbook won't sign in

[ Edited ]

louisenet wrote:

I have had my Playbook for a few years and it is only since the newest update that it keeps asking me to sign in with my blackberry ID and when I do nothing happens, the little circle just keeps going around.  Even went and changed my password on line but it still will not work.  i have read about doing a wipe and have three questions: 1. If I do so will it take me back to the original o/s and then will I have to reload the updates?

2.Will I lose all of my files and my apps.? I keep trying to do back up but the sign in message which pos up at random keeps aborting back up.

3 Is there some way I can just reload the new update, or go back to the previous version?

Answers

1. No it will wipe everything and reload the latest OS

2. Yes, it wipes everything. If you can't get to a backup scenario you will lose the data. If you can get into the Playbook home screen you should be able to enable wifi sharing and drag important data to your PC/Mac instead of backing up.

3. If you force a reload it will wipe everything whether you use Security Wipe or Debrick. If you are ever invited to update to a new version it usually keeps all your data, but a backup is always recommended (should be doing one regularly anyway). You cannot go back to an old OS version unless you hack/root the Playbook. Ask at Crackberry.com for that, however it's not your problem. Very few problems have been caused by an upgrade and it's usually things like lost codecs or email problems..  If you hacked it you would also lose everything. 

I suspect a wipe will be necessary as the BBID has been messed up somewhere. Changing password online may have made it worse.