Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32 gb
My Carrier: 02

Playbook won't start.

Since I last used my Playbook a few days ago it has died. Battery is OK but when I try to start all I get is flashing red light. I have tried the 3 button hard reset - nothing. When I try to connect to my laptop, I get the USB sound as I connect but it will not show up on Explorer as Z drive as it usually does.

I have used an Otterbox to protect it since I bought it in January 2012, but I am wondering if the rubber button in the Otter box case has pushed the on/off button in too far, as it no longer stands proud of the Playbook casing?? Any suggestions before I return it to PC World?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook won't start.

Remove it from the case. I have seen an incident of the case interfering with the charger cord and the buttons. Go through the three button reset without the case. If it works, lets us know.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32 gb
My Carrier: 02

Re: Playbook won't start.

Thanks. Nothing worked. I took it back to PC World who referred me to RIM. Apparently the red light flashing twicxe and then a pause of 5 seconds then the same red light flashing is a software failure. I had to download the very latest Blackberry Desktop manager and then connect my 'dead' playbook and had to reload all the software. It took all night to download very slowly and unfortunately I lost all my videos, photos, data and music, and a few apps!! That'll teach me to synch regularly!!