Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Gnatalie1990
My Device: Playbook & Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Blackberry

Playbook won't turn on anymore unless plugged in

I've had my playbook for about 2 weeks and up until yesterday morning it was working perfectly. Now it won't turn on. When I plug it into the mains using the provided charger the red light lights up for about 10 seconds then goes off for about 5 and just keeps repeating.

I plugged it into my pc to try and run the device manager but the light does the same thing and I cannot turn it on. When it's plugged into the PC it sounds as though it's connected then when the light goes off it sounds as though the device has been disconnected :smileyfrustrated: 

I left it over night to charge and this morning the red light was green, as though it was fully charged, I pressed the power button and the playbook came to life but the battery said it only had half charged. As soon as I take out the charger, the playbook turns off again and cannot be switched back on. It's incredibly frustrating.

I've also tried the three button re-boot and nothing works.

I'm taking it back to the store I bought it from to try and get a replacement (I'm still within the 3 weeks warranty with the store) but I wanted to know if this was a common problem that can be solved without taking it back?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook won't turn on anymore unless plugged in

No, not common.

Try this, while connected to your charger. Press and hold the Power key, up and down volume (-/+) all three buttons simultaneously for about 10-12 seconds. That should allow a reset of the PlayBook and to power up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Gnatalie1990
My Device: Playbook & Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Blackberry

Thanks but I've tried this, it allows me to turn the PB on (sometimes) but if I turn it off or unplug it, it turns off again and won't switch back on 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to get a warranty replacement.

None of that sounds right.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.