Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
phucth91
My Device: Blackberry Playbook tablet
My Carrier: RIM

Playbook won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Okay so this is my problem and I'm sure many have experienced this, too.

About a week ago the battery drained so that it wouldn't turn on. I managed to plug in my Rapid Charger until the Playbook is fully charged (green led). But here is the problem. Since then I haven't been able to turn it on the normal way. I mean to push the Power button. I had to plug in the Charger for it to boot (red led) and then push the Power button. As if it wasn't annoying enough, if I kept the charger plugged, the device would just turn off after about 10s.

So to make the Playbook boot to the main screen I had to plug in the charger, push the power button and then unplug the charger.

When the Playbook was working if I tried to plug in the charger, baam! it would turn off again. It showed a screen to choose between Turn off, restart, stand by, log off but whatever the hell I chose even with cancel choice, it would just turn off. Some other times (just once, in fact) it let me get to the main screen and worked just fine until... I let it stand by and then turn on the lock screen.

Upgrade OS, reload rom, use Rapid Charger, security wipe doesn't solve anything so far.

That wasn't the worst thing. Now that It won't even boot to the main screen no matter what I try.

I think this device can't realize that it's already fully charged. It keeps thinking it's still in drained mode so it keeps shutting down like crazy. Somebody tells me this product is defective so I will return it. Never thought such a Blackberry device could get this bad.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phucth91
My Device: Blackberry Playbook tablet
My Carrier: RIM

Re: Playbook won't turn on

I have spent some time with the combination of Power, volume +/- for my Playbook to boot. Now it's working but still shut down randomly. Another thing I have found about this device is that the Power Button is broken, it acts as a Volume - button now. I guess that was why I coudn't use it to turn on the device.

Please use plain text.