Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Reply
New Contributor
asterntsg
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-05-2012
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Playbook won't update from 2.0.1.358 to 2.1

When I try to download and install OS 2.1 OTA, the download appears to complete, then I get a message stating "Plase wait" and a retry button.  If I wait, nothing happens.  If I press retry, the download starts again with same result.  I connected to DM and attempted to install update.  When it finished, message said "Your software update is complete."  When I checked OS it was still 2.0.  I restarted twice with same result.

Retired
SmoothRider
Posts: 2,649
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Playbook won't update from 2.0.1.358 to 2.1

Hello asterntsg

 

Welcome to the forums. 

 

I would suggest you contact direct BlackBerry® PlayBook support by using the information on the following page: http://bbry.lv/JRKRGm

-SR

 

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Member
ElectricTaters
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
My Device: 9810, Playbook

Re: Playbook won't update from 2.0.1.358 to 2.1

I had exactly the same problem as you describe, except I did not also try the update through DM. 

 

On the advice of some folks in another forum, I tried a different WiFi connection instead of my home WiFi connection.  I went to a local bookstore and used their WiFi for the update, and it worked perfectly on the first try.  I'm not sure why, as the download seemed to be successful at home, and the failure was during installation, but it worked.  So give that a shot.

New Contributor
asterntsg
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-05-2012
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook won't update from 2.0.1.358 to 2.1

Thanks, sounds like a good idea. I hadn't gotten a useful reply before yours, so I wound up doing a security wipe and restore. It was time consuming, but worked.