Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

pani
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Please help, battary is dead and original charger is broken

[ Edited ]

Hello,

a couple weeks ago, my original charger for my playbook broke. Since than, I did not use my playbook so often, because, the battary, was already really low and I though I just need to buy a usb adapter for it. Yesterday I bought it and I plugged it and nothing happened except that the light on the top is red for maybe 10 seconds and than it turns in green and blinks 5 times. so empty right?

Charging via Laptop is not possible and I´ve tried to reinstall my OS but it can´t connect to the device. probably, because the battary is empty. Can´t boot at all. Any helpful idea? thank you guys

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Please help, battary is dead and original charger is broken

pani wrote:

the battary, was already really low and I though I just need to buy a usb adapter for it. Yesterday I bought it and I plugged it and nothing happened except that the light on the top is red for maybe 10 seconds and than it turns in green and blinks 5 times. so empty right?

That is good... be patient.

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, press and hold the power button only for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joelimar73
My Device: curve 9300

i dont know whats the theory  behind pressing the power power button for 20 seconds every 3-5 hrs for 24hrs time. as i noticed when you press the power button 20 seconds it powers off the playbook. I read it somewhere and confirmed it. playbook is not charging when its off. so pressing the power button for 20 seconds will power of the unit and it will not on again unless you press it again to have the red light glow for a couple of seconds. so its contradicting on what we are aftering of charging the dead playbook. please explain the theory behind . thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Why are you crossposting the same stuff in someone else's thread... your's is over here.

Message 13

Already explained.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.