Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Shivw
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 4163025787

Plug and Play Issues - MAC

Hello,

I have had my Playbook for almost about 6-8 months. I have been using it, and have been pleased thus far. All of a sudden today, when I connect my Playbook to my Macbook Pro via USB, it is only showing up as a shared device with an IP adress. I cannot get into my actual storage, where all of my pictures and stuff are. Right now, I have no access to my pictures. I can only see some videos, and documents, but cannot see pictures that I took with the playbook. It is also saying that my PB is filled when I know that there is plenty of space for storage. Can someone please help, as I am trying to access my files and cannot. This has become very frustrating for me. Please advise, and thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Plug and Play Issues - MAC

[ Edited ]

If you click on the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address do you not see a folder called media that you double click? Photos you took are in Camera not Photos.

Try wifi which is far more convenient.  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

Use Tablet network name in place of ip address for never changing address -

found in Storage n Sharing Network info and looks like PLAYBOOK- 6DD5

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 4163025787

My problem is, when I used to plug in the playbook, what looked like a seperate drive would pop up. It looked like a flash drive. That doesn't exisit anymore. Also, in camera, all that is shown is a few videos that I recorded, no pictures whatsoever. I have no idea what is going on. When I click media, it's as if I can only access some of my files, not everything. I am missing all of my photos. And I cannot see how much space is left in my folders.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Shivw wrote:

My problem is, when I used to plug in the playbook, what looked like a seperate drive would pop up. It looked like a flash drive. That doesn't exisit anymore. Also, in camera, all that is shown is a few videos that I recorded, no pictures whatsoever. I have no idea what is going on. When I click media, it's as if I can only access some of my files, not everything. I am missing all of my photos. And I cannot see how much space is left in my folders.

Install AIR Browser on Playbook and have a look at the folders from within Playbook. The Playbook file manager is useless. The app will give you space left. Look particularly at Downloads folder which could be full of junk. 

Once I put in the password, after about 30 seconds I get a square blue icon labelled Media with three stick men holding hands. Double clicking on it brings up the same Finder window as double clicking on the Finder's Shared list.

I am using Mountain Lion.

If you don't get the icon I have no idea if it's Mac OSX or Playbook problem.