Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
smrowe
My Device: 9930

Podcast Not Working

Since the Playbook 2.0 OS update, the Podcast app will not connect to the service.  It just hangs on the green startup screen.  If I turn off wifi, I can watch previously downloaded podcast, but I can not access and new podcast.  Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Contributor
Angela2BPecked
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Podcast Not Working

I'm experiencing this issue too ever since the OS 2.1 update. 

Contributor
smrowe

Yes, it started for me when the second February update came out..  I am currently on version 2.0.1.358 and my Playbook says it is the latest version.  The only thing I can figure out is I was in country that doesn't allow or limits podcasting when I did the February updates (2.0) and RIM gave me an non-US update..  I found the following link that shows the limiations of the apps by country on the Playbook.  The strange thing for to me is I did the April update in the US, but Podcast still didn't work!?  I am out of the country again now so I will do a pay support call with RIM to see what they say when I return at the end of June since I have hear back RIM or anyone at Crackberry about this.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27203&sliceId=2&cm...

New Contributor
pkallday
My Device: PlayBook

I get a similar message that says, "Could not connect to the Podcast service. Please try again later." It doesn't matter how many times or how long I wait between tries, I still get this message. Any Solutions found yet?

Contributor
ranul
My Device: blackberry playbook

any news on if this will ever work

Contributor
smrowe

Yes, it worked very well until February 2012, then it started giving connection errors.  I believe BB took down whatever services were necessary to make it work.  It was one of the things I used my Playbook for everyday.  Now it gets used occassionally, but mostly collecting dust.  :smileysad:(

Regular Contributor
bonematrix
My Device: PlayBook, Z30

You don't need the BlackBerry podcast server per se... Instead, simply add the applicable podcast RSS link to onnect directly to the feed...

Contributor
mh1983
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb

The podcast server itself has been shut down for awhile now.

As someone else said, you can still use the app and manually add RSS feeds to it.

Contributor
smrowe

I have tried the RSS recommendation on the Playbook, but it "times out" using that process as well.  RSS works on my phones.