Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
roorules
My Device: Playbook 64G

Podcast app problem jk

Podcast app worked fine since I got this playbook, but now after 3 or 4 weeks is not working, icon blinks but we'll not open?  Also today the computer would not read the connection even though the playbook showed the connect screen. I had downloaded the bb desktop software but it would not acknowledge a connection. Any advice 

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Podcast app problem jk

You could try deleting the Podcast app - then have a go at updating the PlayBook software.

Hopefully it will detect that it needs to reinstall the app and fix the problems.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

cas118 wrote:
You could try deleting the Podcast app - then have a go at updating the PlayBook software.

Hopefully it will detect that it needs to reinstall the app and fix the problems.

Only if it's a native app. I have never had a native podcast app. Which app did you install, if you did install it?

________
Contributor
roorules
My Device: Playbook 64G

I ended up phoning bb support, a good solution and experience, no attitude and patient work through of my problems. Ended up with an attempt to reinstall, but the old "error has occurred " showed up, however when I then checked out the playbook,the Podcast app was working. Prior to this we had determined that the newly installed AVG firewall was causing the computer not to read the playbook. Anyway I'm very happy with the bb support and am busily putting this playbook through it's paces.