Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
robertajs1
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook

Power button dead

Hi,

apparently I'm not the onlyk person having power button problems!! I love my PB but am not toohappy about the button sticking. What if anything is being done about it?

If RIM isn't doing anything, then what is a girl to do? Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Roberta

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Power button dead

I've often heard it's hard to push but I haven't heard of it sticking. to be honest, I almost never use the power button unless I turn the Playbook off, and even that is very rare.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
robertajs1

Umm, thanks for the comment. I'm a bit confused so maybe you can provide some tips or helpful info because I"ve had it for over a year and don't know any other way to turn it on.  What's the power button for then? How do I turn on my Playbook if I don't use the button?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There's no other way to turn it on. I just rarely turn mine off.

Can you be a little more specific about the "sticking?" What exactly is it doing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
robertajs1

I never knew it was ok to leave a device on....anyways, at first one edge of it was getting stuck under the edge of the case, now, I can not use my finger at all to turn it on. I have to use an ink pen or something that will press it down because it doesn't awlays make contact and turn on. I've googled "playbook on switch sticking" and found that it's a pretty common problem. I'm hoping to hear BB will fix it because I love my gadget.

Guru I
John_Clark

I just put mine in airplane mode when I'm not using it and leave it plugged in (you don't want to let the battery run completely dead.)

As for the power button itself, the early models did have some issues with power buttons being very recessed and hard to turn on. I didn't know they actually stuck.

You can try calling RIM Support and see what they will do...your device is over a year old so warranty service may not be possible.
New Contributor
robertajs1

I actually rec'd this as a christmas gift last year so maybe they'll be nice and help me...hahahah... or I can deal with it and buy a new one for my birthday..

Do you know where I can find their number?

Guru I
John_Clark

Here's the support info.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html