Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Print To Go awesomeness

The latest update to Print To Go allows you to send a document to the Playbook even if the Playbook and the computer are connected to different networks.  This is, I think, and important upgrade to the software because the previous set-up would not allow you to print to your playbook even if they were on the same network if AP isolation was turned off.

But here's what makes this super-cool.  Now, you print to your Playbook no matter where it is, as long as it is connected to the internet.  Cool!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Print To Go awesomeness

I'm loving this feature too now. Glad you are as well. I had to admit I had no idea what this app did at first but after seeing an article about the  update over on Crackberry.com I became interested and really like what I see. +1 to you.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
BBGreatSouthernLand
My Device: Bold 9900

Yes, it was useful before providing you were on the same network, with the correct settings, but now it is brilliant!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Yes the new version works better for me.  The old version wouldn't send over our corporate network, but worked on my home network.  The new version is able to cross our corporate network without any issues!

I  save lots of email attachments to my pb , and this provides me with another option.  In addition to a direct save from an email on my pb, I can now open an attachment on my pc desktop and print to the pb.  Sometimes email attachments are slow to download on the pb, but a ptg print/send is very fast.

Please use plain text.