Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
cmeagh
My Device: Palybook

Print to Go Doe not Function

From everything I have read PRINT TO GO doesn't seem to work for anyone, how do I remove it from my Playbook as I am tried of trying to work with it, or should  I say trying to get it to work.

Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Print to Go Doe not Function

The tablet and the computer must be on the same network for it to function. You can find instructions on how to use it here. Pairing the tablet and the computer is pretty easy. Once you install the software on your PC, it will ask you to log in with your BBID, then to enter a unique code from the tablet, and then it should work. I use it all the time, I find it to be really handy. As far as I know, it cannot be removed or uninstalled. 

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Works for me too, but AVG and some other antivirus can block it. Not sure they need to be on same net as it uses the Internet cloud. Can do the same thing on a network using Cutepdf ln PC and file share. Difficult to remove an OS app.
My Device: Palybook

Print to Go Does not Function

Thanks for the suggestions, shut all virus protection off, un-installed, re-installed, foolwoed the instructions, still doesn't work, not worth the time and effort, disappointing, easier to just save and transfer files. Nuking the program waste of time. 

New Contributor
mikedeboer
My Device: Z10

Once I temporarily disabled AVG I could complete the pairing procedure. When I reactivated AVG printo to go worked seemlessly.

Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10

Absolutely it works for a lot of people. For me, I couldn't get it to work as I had AVG and even disabling it didn't work. So, I uninstalled AVG, installed the print to go app on my laptop, it worked. I then reinstalled AVG and everything works just fine. Sorry you are having a pain in the a$$ over it.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

PtG works great on my home network, but not on my work network.  Our IT guys seem to have blocked ping communication between devices.  

If you can ping other devices within your network, PtG should work.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

For those who are having problems getting PTG to work, I would suggest that you get all the latest upgrades done for your computer first, then try doing the installation of PTG.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

More info regarding PTG. Google the following Knowledge Base articles. KB28668 - System Requirements for PTG, KB30122 - Print Spooler in Win7 and KB28663 - Uninstalling PTG Driver from your computer.