Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Print to Go

After searching the CrackBerry forums, and seeing that some people have had success with Print to Go, I seem to be still struggling with it, as others are.

When the login to BlackBerry ID screen comes up, it seems to time out and another screen shows saying that I need to login to BlackBerry ID with a timeout error.

I've rebooted my tablet and my Win7 32 bit computer, reinstalled the driver a couple of times and am on the same LAN connection at home.  I just don't get the popup window asking me to input the security code.  Very frustrating as I really want to use this feature, and it should be so simple to set up.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Storm

Re: Print to Go

Experiencing the same problem - it either stalls and gives me a page not found error on signing in with Blackberry ID, or I get the page with the Log out option, and that's it.

HELP!

Contributor

I'm feeling your pain...believe me.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note

[ Edited ]

I was able to set up with my PB connected to my home WiFi. No need to connect the PB to the PC with USB.

After downloading and installing the Print to Go onto the PC you simply open any document you want and print. During printing select the printer as "Print to Go" and follow the log on screen to enter your PB ID which is normally your email.

Then in PB start the Print to Go App and swipe from the top down and check your log on security code and that's it! Works like a charm.

DC-IT
Contributor

Yep....that's what I'm lead to believe, it isn't working for everyone.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Storm

Seems when it works it's dead easy. But when it doesn't........

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gb
My Carrier: wifi

i get the same frustrating events...

My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

I am experiencing similar challenges with Print To Go.

We have 3 people in our office who have PlayBooks and we all upgraded to OS2 today. Two of us set up Print To go and it's working flawlessly. The 3rd won't work. We've set it all up correctly and on the PC it reports the document having printed successfully however it never shows up on the PlayBook.

I found the log file in the My Documents folder of the user having problems and it doesn't show any errors - it even lists the correct IP address of the user's PlayBook. Everything looks like it should work but the document never appears on the PlayBook.

We turned off the PlayBook to see if that would generate an error message and it did... so there is communication happening but somehow the document just won't get through to this user's PlayBook. Hopefully this is something that can be easily patched or worked around soon.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Doesn't work for me.   Win7 32Bit.   Installed print to go.  

Try to print and on initial registration to BBID, says invalid blackberry ID password.   I confirmed my BB password is correct, retried at least 10 times.    Then, thinking my password was not strong enough, decided to update my BBID password to a strong one.   Updated with BB, confirmed it worked on the Playbook.   Tried print to go.... and NOT GO!

I think they should have released a beta of this software.

Is there any support ?

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: My mistake. The you need to type the PAIRING PASSWORD in the registration, not the BB PIN ID. These two number are the same length, so it's easy to get confused. The BB PIN would have been a logical choice. But you need to go into the print-to-go app on the PB and get the PAIRING PASSWORD from the settings page....

The error message if incorrect password, is eronious.