Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800; Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Print to Go

Thanks, turns out AVG was the problem for me.  temporarily disabled it, the screen for the pairing screen came up, and now seems to work fine. Thanks again.

morbium wrote:

There is a solution for this, if you have AVG free on your computer (or equivelent anti software) disable it for your first try with Print to Go.  The passcode screen SHOULD pop up, and you should be able to send your document.  

You can reenable AVG Free afterwords and documents will continue to go to your PlayBook.  This was solved on the Crackberry forums last night.

Check this out as well.  Print to Go - Timeout with the BBID on the PC - BlackBerry Support Community Forums http://bit.ly/yf9Ieq

Good luck everyone!

My Device: Playbook

Didn't work for me... :smileysad:

I don't even get the option to enter the code. I try to log into my Blackberry ID and it times out. If I enter the Blackberry ID and password again, nothing happens.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800; Playbook

If using AVG, or other anti-virus, disable it. Worked for me.

Thank you; disabling AVG worked for me too. I just had to disable AVG long enough to get the log in bit done (enter my Blackberry ID and then the security code). I then sent one document to Print to Go. After AVG came back up again, I sent two different files to Print to Go and it did work like a charm! This app is brilliant when it works. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: none

if you are lucky enough to or willing to buy more flexible security software, you can simply make a rule for the print-to-go  wihtout disabling the security software. that is still protecting your pc @ all times

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

please stop posting the same **bleep** about antivrus/firewall, which was removed from the equation right at the beginning

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: CellC

I seem to have the same problem the document does not arrive on my playbook
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: None

Re: Print to Go Says sucess but never arrives on playbook - workaround

I am in the group of people that everything works flawlessly on Playbooks Print to Go - except no documents ever show up on Playbook.

Installs great, finds device, asks for code, sends printed item, says success, but never arrives in Print to go folder on playbook. 

Here is my workaround: 

Install cute pdf Writer ( a free virtual pdf printer which converts any printable document to a pdf file). Perform this on each PC you wish to print to the playbook from.... you can even rename it Print To Go.

Map a network drive to the playbook shared media folder on each PC.

If a username and password is requested when trying to connect to the playbook shared folder, the username is: playbook  by default and the password is the file sharing password you set in Security and Sharing area when you turned on file sharing.

That's it.

When you print to your new Cute PDF Printer, it will prompt where to save the file. Navigate to the playbooks mapped drive folder "print" folder    (example:   z:/media/print  ). This is the folder the playbook stores it's Print To Go files in. The next time you use the Cute PDF Printer it will remember this location. Print to go app will find any pdf file placed in this folder.

A near perfect work around.

My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Actually, I went through the troubleshooting on the pb as I was having the same problem, it said you have to disable avg virus scanning software. I did so and it worked the first time. It will take you to the same login page, you type in your blackberry id and password and then it will ask you for the pairing password which you can get from opening the playbook to print to go and swiping down from the top, it will be in "settings". type in the pairing password and it shoud work.