Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
terran4u
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Problem With My Playbook

hello

i need help, i turn off my playbook yesterday when the battery was 25 perxcent. i then place it on charge and it started charging, i disconected it this morning. i am tring to on but no light. i tride the power button and volume and wont boot. now when i connect the charger, it rather power on and goes off again. what shoul i do. i need you help.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Problem With My Playbook

Hi there,

Try to leave it plugged in for a couple of hours and then while it's still plugged in, press the power button for 10-15 seconds to perform a reboot. Try this a few times if needed. If that still doesn't help, post back and let us know and we can try some other things.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terran4u

ok, i have plugin and it is now chargeing so i will try to power on, in an hour's time and will let u know the feed back. tnx

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terran4u

I tried putting it on whiles charging, but when it start to power on it goes off again. What should I do now.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Which charger are you trying to use? Make sure it's the PlayBook wall charger or the rapid charger. Another suggestion I've read is to leave it plugged in for a full 24 hours, and try rebooting it every 3-5 hours by pressing and holding the power button in for 20 seconds or longer.

Is the PlayBook under warranty? If so, you can also contact RIM support for the PlayBook by going to blackberry.com/support, select the PlayBook from the devices, then go to the Contact Us page.

Please keep us posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terran4u

Am using a playbook wall charger, now its not even charging. When I plug into the socket and connect to the playbook it does not even charge, no red light or any thing. Nothing at all. Please what should I do. I need every help I could get.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Go to amazon and spend twenty bucks on playbook rapid charger which uses the three pin port

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Phone Service

This may sound a little basic but have you tried another micro usb charger? My wife's kindle charger will charge my playbook. It definitely sounds like the playbook did not charge when the level was at 25% and now it's dead. You've probably tried other power outlets already so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure since the playbook is dead that this will work, but you may also try plugging into laptop/pc and see if it will charge over a few hours or so. I know it normally charges when I'm connected transferring files and such.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terran4u

Am going to try connecting to my PC, and if it does not work I will try and get the rapid charger. Hope it work. Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.