Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
sunnycove
My Device: Tablet
My Carrier: Telus

Problem using bluetooth to connect playbook and Blackberry Bold

When my phone and my tablet were connected via bluetooth, I used to be able to access the internet.  This no longer appears to be the case. I have removed both devices under "paired devices" and reconnected them. They initially seem to find each other without any problem, but then as soon as they are paired the connection is lost. I have rebooted both devices and still no resolution. Please help?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Problem using bluetooth to connect playbook and Blackberry Bold

What kind of BlackBerry device are you using?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnycove

I am using a Blackberry Bold and a Playbook

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnycove

Sorry .... I have a Blackberry Bold 9700

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

do you have the latest version of Bridge instaleld on your phone?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Get-BlackBerry-Bridge-for-your-BlackBerry...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnycove

When I go into "My World" it does not show any upgrade required.  I am running version v.2.1.0.32

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remove pairings on both and reboot playbook and pull battery on phone while it is on

once both are booted up, go to bridge setup on playbook and scan in the QR code on screen with your Bold

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnycove

I removed pairings as you suggested and rebooted playbook and phone. When I enabled bluetooth and went to add new device from my phone it says "no new devices found; ensure the device you are searching for is in pairing mode.". The playbook can find my phone but my phone cannot find the playbook. There is no option to "scan" only search or listen. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

open settings on playbook and goto bridge, then scan the QR code with Bold.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunnycove

Sorry but how do I scan a QR code?

Please use plain text.