Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
2gwm
My Device: BB Z10, Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Problem with OS v2.0.1.358 install

I installed the previous update with no problem.  Made sure PB was full-charged overnight.       Went through the update process connected to power source, then PB went to re-boot and NOTHING!  Just a red indicator light and screen would not come up.

When I did a forced re-boot I get a message the their was a problem with the update and to re-state to re-install update.  Same thing happened, after reboot, red light indicator again.

Just tried update with 7.0 DM and the process continues through the reboot and then I get the statement:  "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device.  You may need to enter the password on the device."  There is NO password for the device!  The PB displays a blue-green steady LED indicator light.  I cannot get the screen to come up.

I have tried about 4 times each way to get his update loaded and have been stymied!  The first upgrade when with no hitches!  I have NEVER had this much problem with ANY BB device!  I cannot call BB support as the PB is not under warranty.  Almost tempted to take it to BestBuy and hand it off to their "Geek Squad" and see if they can be successful!

Is there ANYONE out there that can give me suggestions or help?  I am SO FRUSTYRATED with this device!

I'm just going to leave the PB connect to the USB for another hour and see if the reboot happens, then if like any of the other times, I will have to do a hard reboot with the power button and then get another message that the update did not load and the PB need to re-install.  AND there is no way to have it run WITHOUT having the new update install!!

HELP!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problem with OS v2.0.1.358 install

if nothing is on it you can try this

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World. 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2gwm

I have done this several times and I get the error message: "the desktop loader is unable to connect to the device.  You may need to enter the password on the device."  The PB displays a blue LED light and nothing happens!

The PB is not password protected as I have set is up before with the previous update 2.0 update.  When I set it up, the PB then prompted me to update to the newer one and I didi not have the option of staying with the previous update.

I have been fighting with the update for three days now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2gwm

I also do not see the PB anywhere in my network adaptors.  Think I may try to updat on laptop running Win 7 home edition loaded with a different DM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joelimar73
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

i dont know if somebody already got solution to this problem, i got the same massage after i reinstall my os using DM. it shots down after reboot.. and when i press on the power it will reboot again until the the logo appears and shuts off again. need help. thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

The latest version of the Desktop Manager as of last weekend was 7.1.0.39. I would suggest you check what version you have and if it is less than above, upgrade. Then try reinstalling the PlayBook OS again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joelimar73

i tried, but same result. i noticed that if it  is doing  clean install why it keeps on asking for the password. there might be some flaw with the latest OS. i dont know how to downgrade my OS so it will do clean install.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Have you tried the procedure given above by Knottyrope? I don't think there is a downgrade procedure available any more. Maybe I also suggest that you go onto the Microsoft Upgrade Site and have a scan done to see if all your laptop files for Windows is up to date. Install all Critical files as well as all Optional Files. Do a reboot, uninstall DM the proper way, reboot again and reinstall the DM again.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

joelimar73 wrote:

i tried, but same result. i noticed that if it  is doing  clean install why it keeps on asking for the password. there might be some flaw with the latest OS. i dont know how to downgrade my OS so it will do clean install.

Are you sure it isn't starting to boot? If the red led comes on or the banner when you plug in the usb, press the power buton til it goes off. Happens on my Mac.

jarviser wrote:

Are you sure it isn't starting to boot? If the red led comes on or the banner when you plug in the usb, press the power buton til it goes off. Happens on my Mac.

IT reboots again and when reaches the blackberry logo then blacks out...it think its not off since i need to press the power botton steady and hold it for 12 seconds then shuts down. then i have to press power button once to have it onagain. to the point the DM finishes the indicator and it say  "Loader unavailele to boot please input the password

Please use plain text.